Labels

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tuesday: 7 miles: 5x800 meter with 2:00 rest

I love 40 degree weather, it's perfect for running.  This was my first speedwork with my most recent tweaks.  Warmup goes from 2 miles to 2.5 and cooldown from 1 to 1.5.  I may even increase that more.  Truthfully, it's only to get my mileage up.  Additionally, I've cut my rest from 2:30 between reps to 2:00 in an effort to make things more difficult.  I must say, I handled it quite well.  The reduced rest forced me to cut back just a couple of seconds and run closer to the pace I wanted, rather than going too fast.

Splits: 2:38; 2:37; 2:36; 2:38; 2:35

Thanks to the miracle of western medicine known as ibuprophen, I'm also quite excited to report that my hip and knee felt 100% the entire day (I took 400mg in the morning) and did not flare up at all after the track work.  A workout like that, with the running in circles and constant starting and stopping would usually do a number on issues like that, but I felt nothing!  I'll take some more tablets (THEY ARE NOT PILLS!) tonight and tomorrow just to make sure the inflammation is cleared up.  Being in pharmaceuticals, I hate when people use the term "pills."  Solid oral dosage forms are usually almost always tablets or capsules.


The next few days are going to be interesting.  I'll be at work from 4am-4pm Wednesday and Thursday and 12am-12pm on Friday and Sunday.  I have a rest day, a hill workout, a 4+8 mile day, a Saturday 5 mile race and a 15 mile long run to jam in around those bizzare hours.

Bring it!  My job, mother nature, and all that other distracting "stuff" out there will not stand in the way of my training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment