Labels

Friday, January 7, 2011

No Time for Excuses: Friday: 8 miles (6xhill)

Today: 2.8 mile warm up, 6 hill repeats, 5 going uphill and one going downhill with a 2 mile cool down.  Each hill repeat is about 0.4 miles, I use the "other direction" between reps.

The craziness of this week continues.  I went to sleep at 7pm Thursday night, work up at 11pm and went back to work at 12am.  We finished at 11am (an hour ahead of schedule).  I then came home, ate something and slept for 4 hours, getting back up at 5pm.  After eating some more, I went out the door at 6:15pm to get the run finished.

This has been one hell of a week to start training, but I don't have time for excuses.  They also don't make you run a marathon faster.

On deck is a 5 mile race tomorrow, which I am really looking forward to, if anything, just to get away from working for a day.  Then I have one more graveyard shift Sunday at midnight followed by a 15 mile run sometime Sunday afternoon/evening.  That might be hell, but I'm so close to getting through this week that I'm not about to stop now!

No comments:

Post a Comment