Labels

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday: 6.75 Miles (3xmile)

I was able to get out to the track today since it wasn't snowing.  Lanes 1-4 on the front straightaway were covered in ice but the rest of the track was clear.  I was able to hit lane 1 on the turns and the back straight, but had to go wide on that front stretch each time.

2.5 mile warm up, 1.5 mile cool down, 4:00 rest, splits:

5:42; 5:24; 5:24

There was some wind, but that 5:42 sucked.  Overall though, I felt decent even if I didn't quite hit the times I wanted.  With some more track work, my consistency will return!

I have made a decision to take my training to another level.  Instead of staying where I am for another cycle as originally intended, I'm going to try and bump up to another level.  Everything is just way too easy right now.  It begins tomorrow.  Next week, I'll pull the trigger on running 7 days a week and within a couple of weeks, will be doubling up 4 times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment