Labels

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Friday: 4 + 8 (6xhill) Saturday: 6 + 15 miles

Friday:

AM: 4 miles, 27:15; 6:49/mile pace with 5x 75m strides.  My knee was stiff in the cold morning but those strides did wonders and cleared it up.

PM: 6xhill, 0.4 miles each, 4 uphill repeats, 2 downhill repeats, 8 miles total.  Downhill repeats are certainly not any easier than uphill ones!  I felt "worked" at the end, so I guess the run did it's job.

Saturday:

Normally, one should not double up on their long run day.  However, I had not done a Saturday morning run with the Back on My Feet crew in what seemed like forever, and at the last moment, I didn't have to be at work at 6 in the morning.  Instead, I could go in whenever I wanted and only needed to put in about 4 hours instead of 12.

I celebrated by running twice on Saturday!


AM: 6 miles, easy/moderate pace

PM: 15 miles, 1:38, 6:32 average.  I did this run within Baltimore City since the NCR Trail is currently not runnable (2-3 inches of snow) and I didn't feel like driving up to Loch Raven at 4:30 in the afternoon.  My 15 miler made for quite a hilly run, going through Druid Hill Park and then down to Patterson Park.  I had problems with cramps and an upset stomach most of the way and felt pretty exhausted on the last 2 miles.  Yet somehow, I matched my pace from last week on a flat course.

The double was probably a bit much, but I think I handled it alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment