Labels

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Dedication PR...2:15AM Run

Thanks to a work schedule from hell, I was given a choice, skip my morning run for Thursday or get up at an ungodly hour and do it anyway.  After going to sleep at 7pm on Wednesday (after working from 4am-3pm), I woke up at 2AM and was out the door at 2:15 for my earliest run on record.

4 miles at 7:30/mile pace.  It was a bit slow and felt a bit harder than it should have, but I guess that's what 2am does to you.  I basically ran in the middle of the very quiet roads of Baltimore.  I saw 4 cars and 5 people which was surprisingly a lot.  I don't really worry about being mugged because I'd love to see someone try and catch me.  As long as I'm not cornered, there's no shot!  I can drop sub 5 minute pace in a heartbeat if I need to.



Of course, the craziness doesn't end there.  After going to work from 4am-3:30pm, I ran another 8 miles in the afternoon....51:05 overall, 6:23/mile pace.  I didn't exactly feel great, probably because I ran too fast.  Most importantly, my knee and hip are fine.


Now I need to get a couple of hours of sleep to return to work at midnight tonight, to be finished at around 12 noon Friday.  I'll probably sleep after that, then get my Friday run in.



Sleep...eat...work...run.  Try as the world might, it won't stop me!!!  It will all be worth it when I see 2:3X:XX on the clock when I cross the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

It may be time to author a post about exactly "why" I run if anything to make sure I'm still sane.

1 comment:

  1. Well friend, I'm glad I don't have your job...seriously those are some crazy hours!

    ReplyDelete