Labels

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday: 8 miles

I know it's winter when I'm running in the Loch Raven Reservoir area.  It is actually quite an awesome place to run.  The scenery is great, it's quite peaceful, and there are some good hills in the area.  There is also very little traffic since the area is remote.  The park rangers even close off one section of road to cars to allow people to run and walk in the area.

However, I only run there in the winter when I can't hit up the NCR Trail due to snow.  Therefore, I associate Loch Raven with a cold biting wind and disappointment since I can't run at my favorite location.  Oh well...

8 miles; 54:14, 6:47/mile pace.  Not bad with those hills.

Week: 66.75 miles.  Next week, I'll go north of 70 and hopefully, never look back, save one breather week for the RRCA 10 Mile Club Challenge at the end of February.  That should up my average weekly mileage for sure!

"RUN MORE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment