Labels

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Monday: 4 + 7 Miles Tuesday: 8 Miles

Monday:

AM: 4 miles, recovery pace.  I actually did not feel much soreness at all from Sunday.  A good night sleep cured it all.  This bodes well for the upcoming weeks.

PM: 7 miles, 6:56 pace.  After 12 hours at work, this run was a bit more difficult than it had to be.  However, I still got it done.  Unfortunately, I tore a good chunk of skin off the side of my foot probably thanks to my socks.  It's about time to try a new type.  I have yet to find running socks that I really like.

Tuesday: 8 miles, 7:30 pace, ran through about 1" of snow and moderate snow fall.

My damaged foot hurt pretty badly most of the day.  Ultimately, it's just sensitive skin and nothing to really worry about, but man does it hurt.  By the end of yet another long day at work, my foot was manageable.  Due to some snow, I canned my weekly track work for the time being and went for 8 miles instead.  The snow made it difficult and really slowed me down, but I got the run in.

Hopefully this snow doesn't derail the rest of my week too much.  It isn't the cold, the wind, or the darkness of winter I don't like but the snow.  I absolutely hate snow and ice because there's no way to "suck it up."  Physics is physics and without enough friction between the ground and my shoes, it gets very had to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment