Labels

Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday: AM: 4.5 miles PM: 10 Miles...and some Plan B for Tomorrow

AM: 4.5 miles..easy/moderate pace.  I'm starting to feel ever so slightly, the onset of that dull aching soreness that seems characteristic of consistent high mileage.  I am far from "recovery debt" but things are finally starting to get ineresting!

PM: 10 miles.  Though much of the snow is melting away in the city, I did not have a cleared track to do some speedwork on today.  I did actually check!  After feeling exhausted in the afternoon, I took a quick 2 hour nap, felt substantially better and cranked out a rather hilly 10 miles at moderate pace.  I still feel strong and the ache was not quite as bad this afternoon, so my body is still keeping up with the miles.

It's interesting that I just read a blog post from "Run Girl Run" about always having a Plan B, especially in the winter months (which you can see on my blog list!).  Well thanks to this freaking snow, my plan B is officially in effect.  I'm ditching my track work for the week and will be replacing it with an equivalent mileage hill workout tomorrow afternoon.  Running 10 miles this afternoon helped make it all possible.  Doing it on the weekend gives me a chance to get out of Baltimore City and pick out a real nasty hill to pummel my legs into oblivion; should be good!  I'll save the missed ladder workout for another week!

Honestly, it beats my other idea which was to mark a 0.5 mile straightaway with some cones as measured by my car and do repeats on that.  I really hate doing speedwork away from a track.  Looks like I'm on track for my first 80 mile week of the year, and over 300 miles for the month.

RUN MORE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment