Labels

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday: 11.5 miles with 6 @ Tempo Pace

Somehow, I managed to avoid the nasty ice storm that swept through Baltimore.  The afternoon was quite a pleasant time to run with temperatures in the upper 30s.  I consider that warm in the winter.  This was actually my first tempo run in a few weeks.  It was also the first that I did in intervals rather than one continuous run, just to mix things up a bit.

The workout was 2x3 miles with 1.5 miles worth of easy running between each interval.  Around the 1.5 mile loop of the lake in Druid Hill Park, here are the splits:

8:27; 8:27....16:53 overall, 5:38/mile pace

8:40; 8:40....17:20 overall, 5:47/mile pace

The second set was a tad slow, though I really just need to get used to this type of workout.  For a change, I didn't go out too fast (sub-8:15).  Overall, it was solid work and I think the mileage I'm running is starting to help control my tendency to run too fast.  This is a good thing!


"RUN MORE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment