Labels

Monday, January 17, 2011

A call to VOTE!!! (and some more mileage....)

Pepsi is giving out money to various worthy causes via the Pepsi Refresh Project.  They have a series of ideas on their website for which you can vote for.  At the end of the month, the top 10 ideas with the most votes is awarded $50,000 to realize their idea.  One of my former High School cross country and track coaches, Joe Tole, founder of the Joseph Toles Foundation has an idea up on the site.  Here is a link where you can read about his specific idea, "to provide a camping experience for children living in foster care."
 
http://www.refresheverything.com/thejosephtolesfoundation

Most importantly, that's where you can vote!  I've been voting nearly everyday since I heard about this, but they need more help.  All my former coaches helped shape me into the runner I am today, and wouldn't think twice about providing my support to Coach Toles!

Here is a link to the Foundation's website:

http://www.josephtolesfoundation.com/info/index.php?page=welcome



Spread the word on Facebook and any other social media you may use.  We have until the end of the month to catch the leaders, but we need votes!!!!  I always prefer to catch the leaders rather than start out as one in a race anyway.


Now for the mundane business as usual....


Wow, life is easy when you have a day off from work.

AM: 4 miles, 28:14 overall, 7:08 pace.  I was a bit tired during this run, that's what I get for going to bed too late the night before.

PM: 7 miles, 47:07,  6:54 pace.  Felt a lot better during this run with a strong finish overall.

I'm still far away from feeling any soreness.  We'll see how a 70+ mile week treats me.


"RUN MORE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment