Labels

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wednesday: 4 miles

It is quite cold outside.  The acclimation is taking longer since I am not running so much right now.  I am essentially 100% physically and mentally.  Everything is in place to start ramping up again.  Beginning tomorrow and into next week, my mileage is going to significantly but methodically increase.

I already know my marathon goal for 2011...sub-2:40.  I'm not expecting my massive pattern of continued improvement.  However, I certainly will not prevent it from happening either.  2011 is probably going to be the year where I find out exactly how much upside I have left.  If I can continue to knock off minutes at a time, there is a lot left in the tank.  If I start leveling off, I'm going to have to bump my mileage again and see if I can take the next level.  Of course, there are not a whole lot of mileage bumps I can make before just running out of time.

Such is the life of an amateur.

No comments:

Post a Comment