Labels

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Saturday: 6 miles Sunday: 12 Miles, back to the NCR Trail

Saturday:

After a long day at work, woke up at 3am, worked from 4-4 (12 hours) I managed to get out the door for a 6 miler at about 6pm.  I felt kind of sluggish for the first 4 miles but finished strong.  I also narrowly avoided stepping on a mouse that darted in front of me while on Madison Ave.  I think the mouse was about as surprised as I was.

My hamstrings were a bit tight, but I blame that on the cold temperatures.  My right foot is a little tender, but I'm not concerned about it.

Sunday:

12 miles.  This was my first run back on the NCR Trail after my race; it was cool to relive portions.  I'll never see the Glencoe Road crossing the same way ever again.  It was windier than last week and about the same temperature.  I wore my gloves for 11 miles this time before taking them off.  No cold hands!  I have no idea what pace I ran, since I'm not timing anything right now.  Though, based on how I felt, it was probably a little fast.

My right heel was hurting today as oppose to just the foot, but I'm still not ready to be concerned about it.  My hamstrings were fine today, though my left quad was barking a bit on the last few miles.

I think I have to get used to this cold weather for all this random pain to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment