Labels

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thursday: 8 miles Friday 3 + 5 Miles Saturday: 7 miles

Thursday:

8 miles moderate pace.  I felt somewhat tired during this run, but had a rather long day at work.  I also had to run a bit quick to get it in before picking up my Baltimore Road Runner's Club Grand Prix Series Award.  I won last year by default, but this year I had some competition early.  The series consists of 8 races.  Runners must complete at least 4.  They earn points equivalent to their place in their age group, lowest score wins.  There were originally a total of 4 other runners in the 20-24 year old age group.  One was faster than me early in the season.  By the end of the season, I was matching his times, but he never finished the series, so I took it home.  I was only ever in two races with this mystery runner and never actually met him; all I had was a name and times to chase.

Friday:

AM: 3 miles, easy.  For once, it actually felt a bit warmer and not so chilly.
PM: 5 miles, moderate.  The warmer temperatures continued.  I felt a bit better than on Thursday.

Saturday:

7 miles, easy.  Low 30s and little wind made for a good morning run.  13 miles on deck for Sunday, then phase II of recovery (1.5 weeks of easy running) will be complete.  Phase III will consistent of reawakening my racing legs and regaining my edge.  Then I will have survived recovery without going crazy and can start hitting the roads, paths, and tracks hard again.

No comments:

Post a Comment