Labels

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Friday: AM: 3xmile (7 miles total) PM: 5 miles

AM:

3xMile with 2 lap jog, 2 mile warm up, 1 mile cool down.  25 mph wind gusts parallel to the back stretch of my High School Track made this a bit harder than it had to be.  It also didn't help that my first 800 meter split was 2:30 (5 minute pace).  I paid for that one pretty badly....

5:18; 5:27; 5:26

I'm not really concerned about a random track workout in the middle of my off season.  When I'm too fresh, my sense of pace really falls off the map.  My second two miles were more even at around 81-82 seconds per lap.  I was looking more for 5:20s, but oh well.

PM:

5 miles, moderate pace.  With the wind gone it was actually great running later in the day.  No soreness, so I did accomplish my goal for the morning run; just get the legs moving without breaking down.

No comments:

Post a Comment