Labels

Monday, December 27, 2010

Sunday: 7 miles Monday: 4 + 5 miles

Sunday: 7 miles in 47:29 @ 6:47/mile pace

7 miles back in Baltimore with a light snowfall.  I was still dealing with that sluggish feeling that has been plaguing me on and off for a bit now.  I could probably use some more sleep, I know I've been slipping a bit lately.  It's also probably time to cut back on the junk and go back to eating "better."  Of course better doesn't mean less!  I think it actually means more...more vegetables, fruit, etc, and less junk food.  I kind of let my usual control go after the NCR Trail Marathon.


Monday:
AM:  4 miles easy/moderate pace

4 miles in some of the worst wind I've ever run in.  The forecast claimed wind gusts of up to 50mph, with temperatures in the mid 20s.  Hitting that wind was like getting hit by a truck.  Overall though, it was a solid run.

PM: 5 miles in 34:58 @ 7:00/mile pace

I made sure to run this one just a bit slower than my last few runs.  That sluggishness seems to have gone away for now.  Though my left knee has become quite stiff the last couple of days.  My back has started getting stiff and I'm getting some dull shin pain.  Since my trainers have exceeded 400 miles (~450 miles), all this random pain means it's time to change!  Hopefully I can hold out until Thursday when I'll have some time.

The knee pain is a bit concerning, though it seems to just get stiff after I stop running or if I sit around for a while.  It loosens up rather quickly when I start running, walking around, or stretch out my hamstring.  I'll keep an eye on it, but I've run through substantially worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment