Labels

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monday: 4 miles Tuesday: 6.5 total (5x800 meter)

Monday: 4 miles, AM.  It was warmer at 5:30 in the morning than later in the day.

Tuesday: 2 mile warm up, 5x800 meter with 1 lap jog, 1 mile cool down

Days like Tuesday are when I really question my sanity.  At 5pm it was about 24 degrees out and winds gusted over 20mph.  The wind was blowing perpendicular to the track; each time I ran into turn 1 it was like hitting a wall of suckage.  About half way through my warm up I started to feel warm, though my fingers and toes were never quite warm despite a pair of gloves and smart wool socks.  Despite it being 3 weeks since my last speed workout, and the horrible, horrible conditions, my splits suprised me:

2:50; 2:34; 2:34; 2:37; 2:36

The first slow one was on purpose.  I usually run the first rep way too fast after a long layoff, so I made sure to stay under control.  Overall, the workout was not all that tough, which was my main goal.  I just needed to reawaken the legs.  I haven't lost all that much speed from my recovery layoff, I'm usually around 2:30-2:32 with shorter rest and better conditions.

This bodes quite well for my first comeback race this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment