Labels

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday: 13 miles, Recovery Phase II Done

An unseasonably warm day was certainly welcome relief.  50 degrees with light/moderate rain at about 7:30AM.  I ran 13 miles in about 1:28-1:29.  I picked it up a bit for the last 5 to try and get my legs going.  I felt rather fresh.  The NCR Trail was quite muddy thanks to the rain which started the night before.  I was covered in dirt after it was over, but it still beats running in Baltimore City!

My left leg/groin was a bit tight, probably because I've been lazy about stretching lately.  I'll make sure to get back on that.

That completes week 2 of recovery, with 44 miles in the books.  This upcoming week reintroduces formal hard running, rather than arbitrary pick ups during easy/moderate runs.  My mileage will bump up to 50, and I'll be running my final race of 2010; the Celtic Solstice 5 Miler.  I certainly won't be on top of my game for that somewhat challenging race.  However, with an extremely deep field of fast runners, I certainly can't pass up the opportunity to test myself against the best the region has to offer!

The last part of recovery will take place over these next 3 weeks.  I'll stay somewhere between 50-55 miles and reintroduce all types of hard running as well as more frequent doubles.  I'll jump back on the training bandwagon in the first full week of January with a 60 mile week, a mere 16 weeks before the 2011 Boston Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment