Labels

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday: Rest

Day off, only about a week and a half to go.  Exactly this time last year, I forced myself up to 40 miles a week to get used to a higher base.  Now, 45ish miles is recovery mode.  A lot can change in a year, and running can definitely be transforming!

In other news, I am now officially going to be a pacer for the 3:20 group at the Kentucky Derby Marathon about 2 weeks after Boston.  I'll need to do a few runs at that pace since I'll only be one of two pacers leading the group.  The pace is going to be slower than even long slow distance pace, so I'm not concerned with its proximity to Boston.  Of course, I'm required to run in Asics shoes (any model I want, for free), so I'll have to take their road racing flat for overpronators, the Gel DS Racer.  With Saucony quite possibly ruining the Fastwitch for 2011 (to be determined), I may need to make a change anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment