Labels

Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday, 10/11/2010, 4 + 9 miles (Hill Repeats)

AM Run: 4 miles, easy recovery pace.  Mid 60s in the early AM.  I certainly paid for my Sunday antics.  Though walking around was ok, my legs were quite sore running.  They were certainly completely trashed from my 22 miler.  By the end of the run, some of the soreness had faded.

PM Run: 9.2 miles total.  7xhill repeats ~0.4 miles long with an easy jog down the hill.  This is the second time I've visited the Wyman Park Drive hill that goes up the east side of Druid Hill Park.  On my 2 mile run over there, my legs were crying.  The first couple of repeats felt terrible.  But, by the 3rd, things started looking up, and by the last one, and the two mile run back, my legs felt great.  Made a very strong finish, and feel refreshed overall.

Despite how I felt today, it is still much better than I felt with less mileage earlier in the year.  Progress!

Just got to remember to take it a day at a time...  I'm certain that Mondays will become double easy days in my next training cycle.  Workouts the day after a long run are tough, and expose me a bit too much to over training.

No comments:

Post a Comment