Labels

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Monday 04OCT10 and Tuesday 05OCT10

First two days of posts....

Monday 10/4, a double day.

AM Run: 3 miles at recovery pace, 5:30AM with BOMF.  Weather was decent for running, low 50s with moderate rain.  My legs felt ok, though I felt somewhat tired in general.  Not completely unexpected after running a tough 15K race the day before.  My left leg which has been giving me trouble since last week barely hurt above "background noise" so I will continue to push through it.

PM Run: 8 Miles total: 7x800m with 2:30 rest (1 lap jog with a few seconds left over), 2 miles warm up, 1 mile cool down. ~5:30PM at Dundalk HS Track.

Splits: 2:33. 2:33, 2:35, 2:32, 2:34, 2:32, 2:36.

Weather was identical to the morning, low 50s with light rain.  The track was wet but traction was good.  I actually got there at about 4:30, but slept for 45 minutes in my car.  I felt substantially better after that!  For most of the workout, my shins hurt a bit and I felt sluggish, but clearly, it did not affect the splits.  My last 800m workout yielded very similar results which I thought were a direct result of having an exceptional day.  Achieving the same result with more repeats, on an "average" rather than "amazing" day proves that I have cut nearly 10 seconds off the splits in this workout.  I was doing the same type of workout earlier in the year at about 2:42-2:46 pace.

My left upper thigh tightened a bit afterward, but it feels substantially better than last week, and no where near as bad is it did when it first sprung up in late May/early June.  With a much higher volume and significantly less pain, the problem is healing, just slowly.


Tuesday 10/5

Customary rest day of "2010 Part II."  It took some time to get used to a Tuesday rather than Friday off day, but rest is rest, that's for sure!  The general tiredness I felt Monday is gone, and though my legs are not 100% (they never will be in this peak month of October), they continue to recover from the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment