Labels

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

4 miles + 10 miles

AM: 4 miles easy, low 50s.  Felt OK during the run.  Even though I did not feel sore running at an easy pace, I knew that my body had entered "recovery debt mode."  Picking it up just a little started to cause soreness.

PM: 10 miles moderate pace.  This was originally supposed to be a tempo run, but after a long day at work (though not very productive), I switched tomorrow's 10 miler with today's tempo run.  Both runs end up being the same mileage.  To be blunt, I felt awful most of the way.  My legs are quite sore, and it is clear my body has fallen behind in recovering between runs.  I still ran the pace I wanted to, but man did it suck.  I was definitely cursing out Charles St. all the way back up since those hills were even harder than usual.

I'm not surprised by how I feel.  In fact, I'm shocked that it has taken me this long to start falling apart.  I'm entering survival mode now, and taking my entire training regime 1 mile at a time.  I've got a 90 mile week after this 82, then I get to back down to 75 for two weeks, then taper for real and drop into the 60s.  I'm so close, so it's understandable that I'm teetering on the edge.

I don't feel nearly bad enough to cut back.  Just got to make sure to sleep as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment