Labels

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friday: 3 + 10 miles Saturday: 9.5 + 10 miles

Friday:

AM: 3 miles easy.  The weather turned cold, abruptly.  Felt decent.

PM: 10 miles moderate.  A bit tougher after a 12 hour day at work and a lot of standing during the day.  However, every time I power through one of these runs, it always gives me more confidence.  If I can bang out 10 miles at moderate pace after a long day at work, I'll be that much better off in race situations.


Saturday:
AM: 9.5 miles, easy.  This was officially my first <50 degree run.  It was in the low 40s at the start.  With the easy pace, it required my to break out the running tights and cold compression shirt.  I must say, I'll miss the shorts and t-shirt running weather when it's gone for the winter again.  My legs felt pretty terrible, not sore, but tired.  Overall, still better than last week.

PM: 10 miles, moderate.  This run was tough, I was tired most of the way.  My appetite seems out of whack too, in that I can't stay full.  None of this is really surprising or unexpected.  This is my 4th consecutive week over 70 miles, and I'm on pace for over 80.  November and taper are right around the corner, just gotta hold on!

Tomorrow...22 miles.  It should prove, interesting.  Thanks to cooler weather, I'll sleep in as late as I want and see if I can't sleep off some of my tired leg feeling.  My new favorite running book, "Once A Runner" refers to this as the Trial of Miles, running day in and day out, accumulating the miles, while slowly falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment