Labels

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Wednesday: AM: 4 miles PM: 9 miles (6 @ tempo pace), Thursday: Rest

Wednesday:

AM: 4 miles, easy pace.  Felt better than I did on Tuesday.  My left foot stopped hurting and the right is getting better.  My left IT band which was tight the past couple of days is also loosening up.  I have no idea where all this pain came from, but it's going away.

PM: Tempo run in Druid Hill Park.  6 miles in 33:52, 5:39/mile pace.  Slowly but surely, I'm feeling fresher and fresher.  In the past, I think I tapered too much too quickly and was ready for my goal race way too early.  This time though, everything is going as planned.

Splits (1.5 miles):

8:27; 8:14; 8:29; 8:43

Slowed a bit on the last lap, but it was quite windy that night.  It seems that long days at work don't really affect my running.  For the most part, my paces are consistent.  I had an 11 hour day today, and overall, my pace was comparable to days when I only worked 8.

Of course, it doesn't make me like my job more...or give me a reason to work more hours....but that's a discussion for another day.

Thursday: Rest

Getting closer and closer to the big day....

No comments:

Post a Comment