Labels

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Friday: AM: 3 miles PM: 4xmile Saturday: 9 miles easy

Friday:

AM: 3 miles easy, my legs continue to improve with the slightly reduced training load.

PM: After getting stuck at work for 14 hours (and spending most of that time stressed out and standing up), I drove myself to the Patapsco High School Track and started warming up for my run at 9:30 at night.  With the Dundalk HS Track soon to be no more, I took the opportunity to use this track, which I scouted out a few nights before.

Patapsco is actually a much better track.  It appears to have been either recently resurfaced, or is just well kept.  The lines all look crisp and new, and the surface is very smooth with no damage.  It seems a bit harder than Dundalk was, but it is still a synthetic track, so it gets the job done.  There are actually lights around the track too, so I don't have to run in the dark.  Of course, I discovered on this run that they cut off the lights at about 10:30PM.


Workout: 2 mile warm up, 4xmile with ~5:00 rest, 1/2 mile jog, and 1 mile cool down.  I'm probably cutting that rest to about 3:30 for next year.  Regardless, splits:

5:23; 5:09; 5:12; 5:14

First one was a bit slow, I came through the 800m split in 2:45 and ran much harder in the second half to salvage the interval.  I think it just took a bit to get into it that late at night.  I've never hit sub-5:10 in one of these workouts, so that was awesome.

I didn't feel sore beforehand, and still felt decent afterward.  My body is completely out of recovery debt at this point and continues to freshen for next week.




Saturday: 9 miles, easy

Before this year, my easy runs were rarely "easy."  At best, they were usually done at a moderate pace.  My solo "easy" runs are still "moderate," but now that I actually have some easy miles in my schedule, it's ok.  I must say, running a relaxing pace with other people is awesome.  I felt very refreshed afterward.  Good day to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment