Labels

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tuesday-Thursday

Tuesday:

AM: 5 miles, moderate pace.  Good morning for a run, low 50's, felt really good.

PM: 7.5 miles total, 4.5 @ tempo pace.  I got a little carried away on this run.  For the first time in months, my legs are very fresh.

1.5 mile splits: 8:03; 8:06; 8:14 for a 5:25/mile average.  I just about PR'ed at the 5K distance within this run.  No wonder I felt a little more spent than usual after the first lap!


Wednesday: 4 miles, easy.

Thursday: 6.5 miles total 5x800meter with 2 miles warm up, 1 mile cool down, 1 lap jog between reps.  I didn't feel quite as good as I hoped during my final speed workout.  I believe it was my first workout in sub-40 degree weather (38 to be exact) with a nice cold breeze.  That certainly did not help.  Though I didn't feel too great during the workout, my splits were still acceptable.  It probably didn't help that I got carried away on the first one.

2:27; 2:33; 2:34; 2:34; 2:33

As the workout went on, I started settling in a little bit, and I never did give in to the urge to slow down.  I was expecting just a hair closer to 2:30, so I'll still take it!


Overall, my cold that has been bothering me for almost a week seems to be clearing up.  My throat is now fine and my nose is no longer running.  I can feel everything "draining" and have a slight cough, which usually means it's almost over.  My right side still has this weird burning/sensitive feeling, but it goes away when I run, so it's no big deal.

This must be taper madness, which I never really experienced before.  Ultimately, nothing will stand in my way come Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment