Labels

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tuesday: Rest; Wednesday: 4 + 10.5 miles (tempo); Thursday: 6 + 13 Miles

A couple of days have gone by without an update, but I'm staying on top of it!

Tuesday: Rest
   I actually wanted to run, so that's a good sign.  For once, I didn't absolutely need the day off.

Wednesday:
    AM: 4 miles, easy.  High 30's, aka cold!  My experiment with the Brooks T6 Racers continued.  My feet hurt a bit at the end, but I think it was because they were cold, and not really because of the shoes.  They still felt great to run in.  Overall, I felt good.

    PM: 10.5 miles total, 7.5 miles @ tempo pace: 42:16 overall, 5:38/mile pace.  Low 50s, windy.  This was my last tempo run of this length.  Starting next week I cut back, and not a moment too soon!  Though I felt really good on this run (better than I have in a while), I don't have very many of these efforts left in me for this training cycle.  Splits (~1.5 miles):

8:44; 8:25; 8:10; 8:20; 8:36


Thursday:
   AM: 6 miles, easy/moderate.  High 40s, and steady rain.  Run felt pretty good.

   PM: 13 miles, easy/moderate.  Low 50s, rain.  I got a bit hungry during the run, an issue with running this far after work, but I sucked it up and had a pretty good run overall.  The cool/rainy weather did a number on my legs, and I felt a bit tight and sore afterward, especially my left leg.  Hopefully, this is not the return of the on-again-off-again issues I've been having with it since May.

No comments:

Post a Comment