Labels

Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday Afternoon: 10 Miles, Monday: 4 + 8 miles

Sunday Afternoon:

Went for an easy 10 mile shake out run.  For once in a long time, I actually did a solo run at an easy pace.  I guess back to back races will do that to me.  My right knee, left IT band, both hamstrings, and my back all hurt a little.  As the run went on though, all the pain melted away and I felt rather decent after the run was over.

Monday:
AM: 4 miles easy, low 40s.  I still didn't really feel all that great at beginning of this run.  However, once again, as the run went on, I felt a little better.

PM: 8 miles moderate pace, high 50s, sunset at freaking 4:57PM.  I hate the end of Daylight Saving Time.  I rocked this run a bit more steady than I usually do, with a consistent moderate effort the whole way.  I had the usual tightness and soreness early, but it felt better as the run went on.  My legs are still feeling the weekend, but it's getting better.


Tuesday will be a well earned day off.  This week, I will only hit ~70 miles, my lowest total (by only about 5 miles) in almost 6 weeks.  The taper begins, only very, very slightly.  Though my 76 mile week before was less than my peak of 90, I hardly consider it part of a taper.  76 miles lines up well with my 3 weeks of running before my 90 mile week, and 2 races plus a tempo run certainly made for a challenge.

70...60...55...the tentative plan leading up to the race.  If I need a bit more rest, I'll cut up to 5 miles out of one or both of the last two weeks.  I never thought I would be looking forward to 60 and 55 mile weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment