Labels

Monday, November 1, 2010

4 + 10 miles

AM: 4 miles, easy mid 40s for temperature.  My first run in the 6oz Brooks T6 Racers.  I must say, they felt great.  I did 2 strides in them and I felt very smooth.  The shoe reminds me of what my Saucony Fastwitches felt like when I first started using them back in December 2007.  Clearly, they will take some getting used to and I'll need to break them into my routine slowly.  However, I think I may have found a new racing shoe.

PM: 10 miles, easy/moderate pace, 50s.  Felt OK early, by about mile 6.5-7 I felt a lot stronger and finished strong.  My legs are not sore, but I felt a bit sapped of energy.  Honestly, after a 6:36/mile 22 miler on Sunday, I'll take it without complaining.

Tomorrow is a much deserved day off.  Though someday soon, I'll be running 7 days a week.  Until then, I'll cherish these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment