Labels

Friday, April 1, 2011

The future becomes clearer

Thankfully, the organizer for the Kentucky Derby Marathon has found a replacement for me for the 3:20 pace group.  My replacement originally could not commit because of a stress fracture in his foot, but is now good to go.  This runner apparently suffered a tibial stress fracture in college.  It took him 4 months from the initial diagnosis to get back, but he ran on it to the point that it hurt constantly on a day to day basis.  I feel essentially little to no pain during my regular routine.  All of my cross training is also producing no pain.

I can only hope that I stopped soon enough for a quick comeback.


I also sent an email to the race director for the Delaware Half Marathon, which I am classified as an "elite."  My 1:15 predicted time is hardly elite, but for them, they consider it so.  Since I have that mark and races to back it up, they have given me the option to defer if I choose to next year, which they do not do for everyone.  The race would only cost $20 next year, and I can tell them whenever I want.  That means I could theoretically wait until right before the race to bail.  I'm going to leave this one until the last moment, but am not too hopeful.

All that's left now is to beg the BAA to defer my entry into Boston.  I'm going to eat the Cherry Blossom race fee though, it's just too close to the race and I don't want to bother the organizers with a sob story.

Now it's time to bike to the gym, hit some of that cardio equipment for even longer than yesterday (thinking 1 hour 45 minutes total) then bike back.  I'm beginning to realize I can hit this equipment real hard because from a cardio standpoint, I'm in awesome shape.  My body is also so used to running that this non impact stuff takes so little out of my legs that I can just keep hitting it hard day after day.  It's me versus all these machines to see who or what can last longer.  My vote is me!

No comments:

Post a Comment