Labels

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Getting Really Impatient

Yesterday I received my free pair of Asics Gel DS Racers that I was supposed to run in for the Kentucky Derby Marathon.  That was a tough one to swallow, seeing those shoes at my doorstep.  I'm also getting emails from the BAA about how close Boston is.

It makes it tough to let it all go.

Today was a relatively easy day, I biked to and from work and hit the elliptical for 35 minutes.  My quads are kind of sore and a little tired, so today was easy and tomorrow I'll probably take off.  My damaged tibia is currently giving me no pain at all.  In fact, it's been close to a week at least since I've last felt pain.  I get nothing when I wake up, nothing at night, nothing with all this cross training.  I also feel nothing walking slow, walking fast, or knelling in awkward positions at work (which I have to do a lot).

All of that has to be a good sign.  Of course, I can just feel my legs itching to go run.  I actually thought to myself, "Just run one test stride, 75 meters, no one would know, not even your doctor."  I held back, but those are dangerous thoughts aren't they?

Counting down the days until April 20th...

No comments:

Post a Comment