Labels

Monday, April 4, 2011

Keeping it up

I've had a rather epic last 4 days though I miss running so badly right now.  I would give up anything to be running!!!

Friday: 65 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes on a stationary bike.  Generally speaking, I go with level 13 on the elliptical and hit 10-11 mph most of the time.  The stationary bike is usually a "random" workout on level 10.

Saturday:  AM: 20 mile bike ride, mostly easy pace on the Gwynns Falls Trail
                  PM: 45 miles total, one loop around the BWI Airport Loop, then down the B&A Trail all the way across the Naval Academy Bridge.  I got completely dumped on by a freak thunderstorm right in the middle of the ride.  It was so bad that I couldn't see anything for a while.  But it passed, my clothes dried out (mostly) and I finished the ride in about 3.5 hours.

Sunday:
           AM: 15 minute aqua jog, 45 minutes on the elliptical, with a bike ride to and from the gym (roughly 5 miles total)
            PM: 33 miles.  I started on York road but the hills almost killed me, so I cut back to the NCR trail at White Hall, rode up to PA and then back down to Sparks where I started.  I'm definitely still not cut out for real hilly bike rides!


Monday:

Rode to work after my usual circle up with Back on My Feet.  It was a 10 minute ride there, then a 27 minute ride at haul ass speed to get to work.  It's about 6 miles, including time I had to slow down or stop for traffic, I was probably averaging near 15 mph.  Not too shabby for a runner on a hybrid with a back pack.

After work, I rode about 2.5 miles over to the MAC, did 30 minutes aqua jogging in the pool and 65 minutes on the elliptical.  Then, I biked home (after inhaling a burrito from Chipotle).




It's not running, but it will do...

2 comments:

  1. That is an impressive display of cross-training. But from someone as dedicated as you, I'm not surprised. I feel like most people don't understand that we don't LIKE spending all that time on the elliptical/in the pool/on the bike/etc. I'd trade the 6+ hours of cross-training I did last week to run an extra 40 miles in a heart beat. Here's to staying sane (at least not anymore INsane!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip with the two belts for the aqua jogging..it worked like a charm. Now I need to slowly get more comfortable with the water (won't happen overnight).

    I don't mind the bike riding outside, it is kind of fun to have so much more range to explore. However, I second trading in all this cross training time for some running!!!

    ReplyDelete