Labels

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Running Still A No Go

It only took me about 2  50 meter strides to realize running was not going to happen today.  Though I can walk largely with no pain, it only takes a few running strides for my left hip to start aching.  It only gets worse if I continue to run on it.

What makes matters worse is that it's hard to do much of anything, the hip is an extremely important joint that is involved in just about any movement that can get my heart rate up.  Combine that with the skin missing on my right knee, and I can't really do much in the way of strength training either unless my legs are not involved.

I am trying real, real hard to stay positive, but it is becoming impossible.  It's been 7 weeks since I've done anything resembling real running, my bike is still in the repair shop, and anything more than walking makes my hip flare up.  This wasn't supposed to be how April went...

No comments:

Post a Comment