Labels

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Moving on

I gave myself one afternoon to wallow in sorrow, but I'm done with that shit.  I've let it all go...

Cherry Blossom, Boston, pacing at the Kentucky Derby Marathon, and maybe even the Delaware Half Marathon.

I've picked the Baltimore 10 Miler as my comeback race.  Thanks to the course and the conditions, it won't be a time trial type of race but a real strategic race.  I wanted to win that race this year and I still think I can.  If I'm back to something resembling normal mileage by mid-May, everything might just come together.

I need something to get me through this because ellipticals really suck!  When I was driving to the gym today in 43 degrees and rain, I thought to myself: "I would give anything right now to be doing a track workout in this weather."  The warm cozy gym provided no comfort for me as I watched the little cursor on my elliptical screen go around and around a picture of a 400 meter track.

All in all...10.5 miles in 65 minutes on the elliptical.  With no posted rules and machines free, I don't see a problem hogging it.  Then another 20 minutes on a stationary bike.

Tomorrow I may try my hand at aqua jogging again.  Saturday and Sunday I'm going to use both the elliptical and get a couple of long bike rides in.  I'm really starting to ramp up this cross training now!  Thanks to that elliptical (even though it sucks), I finally feel somewhat like I've been "running" these past couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment