Labels

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Two days...9 more miles

So far so good....

I did an easy 3 in a downpour Wednesday morning and did some lifting in the afternoon.  Due to the rain, I drove to and from work, but did bike to and from the gym.

Thursday I biked to and from work.  Going there was fine, though my chain could probably use a good cleaning.  Going back took me almost twice as long.  A stopped freight train on Boston street, excessive traffic on the detours, a slow moving bus on Eastern Ave, and a closed portion of Madison Ave all conspired against me.

When I finally got home, I ran 6 miles and it was great.  I had absolutely no pain in my left tibia.  My hip and knee are still barking from the bike crash but it is slowly getting better.

That makes 12 miles for the week!  I feel that I lost less from an aerobic standpoint, but more from a neuro-muscular standpoint.  My muscles and bones are clearly not used to running, and I can certainly feel it.  This Saturday's 5K will certainly be an interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment