Labels

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Awesome Weekend: Good Weather, Good Running

Saturday:

I went for a hilly 2 hour, ~25 mile bike ride followed up by a 6 mile trail run.  I rarely do trail runs, and I've never truly "multi-sport" trained before.  I must say, it was quite fun to mix things up a bit.  This also served as a decent substitute for a long run.

Sunday:

10 miles, in just over 67 minutes on the NCR Trail, for the first time in a while.  Thanks to overcast skies and a slight rain, this run was much more pleasant than it might have been.  I got through the run with no pain in my leg at all.  My hip started hurting after mile 8, but it used to take 0.25 miles to hurt.  It's apparently still healing from that bike fall, but it should be fine!

That makes 27 miles for the week on 5 days of running.  The training wheels are just about ready to come off.  This coming week will be in the mid 30s on 6 days with a tempo run and a race.  I'm still planning on mixing in a few bike rides as well to fill in the gap of "missing running miles."  It seems I have done a sufficient amount of cross training during these past 2 months that my running speed, endurance, and (hopefully) tempo pace are largely intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment