Labels

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pain Returning, Hoping I Caught it in Time

These last couple of days, it appears that my leg has started bothering me again.  Thursday was the first day I started to worry, and now by Saturday, I'm more than a little concerned.

Wednesday: 5 miles and strength training at the gym, with biking to and from work.  It was quite hot in the afternoon when I ran, but it still felt decent.

Thursday: 5 miles in the morning with nearly 80 degree temperatures, certainly a hot day!  During and after this run, my leg did not feel right though it did not hurt.  I couldn't really find any sensitive points on my tibia, and kneeling/hopping did not aggravate it, so I figured all was well.

Friday: 4 miles, in the morning, slightly cooler temperatures.  I had concern the entire run because I could feel my leg.  It still was not pain, but I knew something was there, especially when I stopped at the end.  If I pushed down on the affected area, I could feel pain identical to what the fracture felt like.  Before this, on occasion it would be just a little tender, but no more so than other areas on my right and left leg.  However, this is the unmistakable type of pain.

I rode a borrowed road bike about 12 miles in the afternoon, the rear tire went flat, and I still need to adjust the fit a little, but it was certainly interesting to ride such a lighter weight bike.

Saturday: This would be my final evaluation of the pain and a decision of what to do.  Before the run, I could not feel anything in my leg.  During a very easy 7, discomfort was there and afterward, I could once again push on the area and create that grinding pain.

I don't know what this means.  The pain is unmistakable and it's there.  It is no where near the same intensity as back in March, but I know I have to stop running for at least a few days.  I was supposed to run a 10K tomorrow, but will pull the plug on that.  Thankfully, I didn't sign up yet anyway.  Just as I was starting to get it back together too.

No comments:

Post a Comment