Labels

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Split Time Makes Its Triumphant Return

I finally have some split times to record.  That must be a step in the right direction!

Monday: (no running)  Biked to and from work (13 miles) and did some strength training at the gym.

Tuesday: AM: 5.5 miles total with 3 at tempo pace.  It was already rather hot and humid for 5:15 in the morning.  I think it was nearly 70 when I walked out the door.  However, I'm loving every minute of it.  Bring on hotter temperatures!

1.5 mile splits:  8:59, 8:46...5:55/mile.

It looks like I'm running about 20-25 seconds slower than pre-injury.  However, I should hopefully get at least half of that back quickly when I get used to running hard again, and when I acclimate a little better to the heat.  Overall, I'm content with my current running condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment