Labels

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Some Running, Some More Biking

Things are progressing well, though of course I'm growing impatient.  After my surprisingly strong showing Saturday, I've just wanted to dive in head first.  So far, I've controlled myself.

Monday: Easy 3 miles, with a few miles of biking to and from the run, as well as to and from the gym.  Also did some circuit training.

Tuesday: Bike to and from work (13 miles total) and another 30 mile flat but fast ride.  My legs were feeling it, so I know I hit it hard.

Wednesday: Bike to and from work/gym (13 miles total) and a 4 mile run mixed in.  The run was actually really tough.  It was my first run in slightly hotter weather which I am no where near acclimated to.  Normally, weather in the mid-70s would be no problem but right now, it sucks.  In a couple of weeks my body will get used to it.

No pain (I think) in my leg.  I've had other normal pains, shins, ankles, knees, etc and I thought maybe a twinge in the area, but truthfully, I'm just being excessively paranoid.  I feel nothing resembling that sharp stabbing, grinding pain and most importantly, feel nothing while running or immediately after stopping.

Thursday and Saturday will have slightly longer runs.  Next Tuesday or Thursday will begin the reintroduction of the tempo run.  The long run will make its triumphant return the following week, then finally the icing on the cake...speedwork the next week.  By the time the speedwork is back, I should be in the high 30s or low 40s for weekly mileage, still a craptastic weekly total, but I must exercise patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment