Labels

Monday, November 7, 2011

Runner Rankings?

I was rather shocked to discover that I made the Washington Running Report rankings for the 2011 Summer Season.  It has been a goal of mine for most of the year to get ranked, but I kept coming up just a hair short, having races fall in different seasons, or doing ones out of the acceptable area.

In a nutshell, you have to hit a time standard in two races to even be eligible to be ranked, than you rank is determined by a variety of factors to give you an idea of how you stack up versus the area.  It probably isn't perfect, but it makes for a good competitive goal to shoot for.  It clearly encourages competition and participation in DC-VA-MD races, so it doesn't hurt to strive to be ranked!

Out of 54 open division males, I was ranked 50th.  One of the races they used to rank me may have been a bit short, so I consider myself really just barely getting in.

Hopefully by next year I'll be more solidly entrenched!  No age graded results above 80% yet, just a 79.4%.  One of these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment