Labels

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Feeling Refreshed

It's amazing what a few days off can do.  I needed a slight break if anything, more mentally than physically.  My legs feel fine right now.  In fact, I've become so full of energy that I could barely stand it anymore and had to do something, so I commuted by bike today.  It was substantially more enjoyable on a road bike than the hybrid I used to commute with.  Now if only some of the winter gear I ordered would come in so I don't have to freeze my feet and hands off...


Anyway, that amounts to 12 miles of biking over two ~6 mile rides, not Earth shattering of course, but it didn't make me tired either.  The name of the game is still rest, with no runs tomorrow or Friday.  I'll commute by bike tomorrow though.  Saturday, I am entered in a Jingle All the Way 5K.  I signed up because of two college friends who have very recently gotten into running.  One guy has already run a couple of 5ks and for the other, it will be his first.  It's cool to see some of my non running friends to pick it up!

Being that this will be my first run back, I won't exactly have expectations, but I'm still going to run hard because well, its only a 5K.  It should be a good evaluation of where I'm at.  Following that, I'll actually start running again next week, but easy to moderate miles only, no workouts.

After a relatively quiet December, things will slowly pick up in January, but in an effort to avoid peaking early, I'm delaying my ramp up ever so slightly so I can time it better with the next goal race..Boston (attempt #3 to run it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment