Labels

Sunday, December 18, 2011

No Rush To Get Back

My calendar listed this upcoming week as optional to return to the track for speed/tempo.  However, I think the results of my 5 miler yesterday have shown that taking another week easy isn't going to kill anything.  In fact, this easy December seems to have done more good than the most grueling speedwork I could think of.  Since I could care less about being in shape in January when there are no races of consequence, delaying one more week to just get miles in won't hurt.  Now for this week...

Mon: PM: 6 miles, long day at work prevented me from joining my usual Monday afternoon crowd.
Tuesday:
Commuted to and from work by bike, 6.75 miles each way
PM: 6 miles, another long day at work

Wednesday:
AM: 4 miles

Thursday:
AM: commuted to work
PM: rode what ended up being about 20 miles on the bike before it got too dark and I had to bail by hopping on the light rail.  This little experiment has given me a great route to take from my office in Dundalk to either the Falls Road light rail station or if there is enough daylight, the Lutherville Station.  Bikes are allowed on the Light Rail and I live 2 blocks from one of the stations.  This lets me take a route that once clear of downtown, doesn't have too many places where I have to stop for traffic lights.  It beats the trainer at any rate, at least until it starts snowing.


Friday:
AM: 4 miles

Saturday:
  5 miler with some warmup and cool down, 7.5 miles total

Sunday:
13 miles at ~7 minute pace with a group of 8 people.  It was hilly, but substantially more interesting with company.

Totals

Run: 40.5 miles
Bike (training): 20 miles
Bike (commuting): 20.25 miles

Low to mid 40s on foot is up for this week, and still just one bike ride in the 25-30 mile range.  No more delaying after this week though!  By the week of the 26th, I'll be back in the full swing of things and have at least one weekly workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment