Labels

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mileage Dump: Friday 2/11-Tuesday 2/15

Looks like I fell a few days behind the training log.  It adds up quick when you run everyday...

Friday:
AM: 5.5 miles, easy
PM: 10 miles, 1:09:22, 6:56 pace...felt good

Saturday:
5K race, see the race report.  My left hip was ever so slightly sore at the end of this race.  It was not very noticeable and disappeared a couple hours later.

Sunday:
Hilly 19 miles, Loch Raven, 2:08:24, 6:45/mile pace.  The first 8.5 miles were done in roughly 6:55 pace, the second 8.5 and remaining 2 averaged 6:20s, though I was flying at the end.  It only took a couple of miles for me to start hitting my stride, and I got stronger as the run progressed, all very good signs for my marathon legs.  About halfway through the run I had some pain in my back, but it disappeared as the run continued.

Total weekly mileage: 82...third consecutive 80+ mile week, fourth consecutive 70+ mile week

Monday: Warm day!!
AM: 5 miles, easy not much in the way of lingering soreness
PM: 8 miles, 54:42, 6:50 pace, felt quite strong

Tuesday:
AM: 7 miles...52:19, 7:28 pace.  A bit slower, but still well within "easy pace" guidelines.  In fact, I should probably be doing my easy runs closer to this pace anyway.  My ankles were somewhat unhappy with me and in general, I was feeling somewhat rundown (more mentally than physically), though as the run progressed, I could feel myself getting stronger.

I wimped out of an afternoon speedworkout, so I'm flip flopping my schedule a bit so as not to miss any of my runs.  It's supposed to be much nicer weather the rest of the week, so I might as well take advantage.

I'm still going strong, but I can't wait for next week...60 miles and a day off.  It has now been 32 days since I've had a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment