Labels

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Legs Catching Up...Tuesday: 6 miles (Ladder workout) + 7 miles

AM:

6 miles total with a ladder workout...400m, 800m, 1200m, 1200m, 800m, 400m.  4800 meters of speed work is a bit shorter than the 6400 meters I did last week.  However, with another 5K coming up, I think it was good to save something for that race.  This is the first time I think I've ever done speedwork at 5:30 in the morning.  It felt great to be back out on a track (Dunbar High School), and even better to do this in my T6's!

I certainly understand what barefoot runners are talking about when they say it's "pleasurable" to feel the ground under their feet.  However, I counter that by saying that running 10-12 miles per hour in T6's feels as close to flying without machine assistance as I'll ever get!

2 minutes rest between each rep except the first and last...just one minute.  Splits:

400= 75
800=2:36
1200=3:55
1200=3:56
800= 2:33
400=72

I nailed this one, even if the splits were ever so slightly faster than 5K pace.  I made sure to push hard late to try and correct my fade from Sunday.  No soreness, no excessive tiredness.  It hurt because it's speed, but man, I felt good today.

PM:

7 miles, 46:12 6:36/mile pace.  A bit too fast for an easy run, but I feel like my legs have all of a sudden caught back up to my mileage.  This was even with some absolutely terrible wind around the Inner Harbor.  I'll make sure to slow down a bit over the next couple of days, but this is a really good sign.

Third consecutive week of 80+ miles, and I'm feeling stronger than ever!

Run More!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment