Labels

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Friday: 2/18 - Tuesday 2/22

Friday:
AM: 5 miles, easy

PM: 11.5 miles with 6 @ tempo pace.  Nice warm, 70 degree weather.  Some moderate to heavy winds conspired against me on the second half this run, but I still did rather well.

1.5 mile tempo splits: 8:32; 8:18; 8:27; 8:33...33:50 overall, 5:38 pace.

Saturday: 8 miles, easy/moderate with some real nasty wind.  There were a few times I thought I would get blown away.

Sunday: 20.20 miles in Loch Raven, which means...hills!  It has been a long time since I've been able to get out on the NCR Trail to log a run with mile splits, so I'm still flying a bit blind on these long runs.

2:16 overall, 6:44 pace.  The first half was in about 7:00 pace, the second half was closer to 6:36.  At times I felt a bit sluggish, and other times, felt like I was cruising.  Hills probably do that...

Total for the week: 88 miles

Monday:
5 miles, easy

Tuesday: Rest


This was my first rest day after 40 consecutive days of running.  The mental break feels as important as the physical.  We also got hit with some snow last night, so it's good timing on my part.  This Sunday I am running in a 10 mile race and will actually go through a mini-taper this week.  Overall, I'm shooting for 60 miles with the race, about a 25 mile drop from my past few weeks, roughly 25-30%.

My next day off won't be for at least 25 more days, so I have to enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment