Labels

Monday, June 18, 2012

Mileage?

And, here is the mileage update from last week...

Monday: Cycling: 13 miles, commute to and from work
                Running: ~8 miles total around Fed Hill + the Monday night crew.  That was my first time inside Ft. McHenry, which is apparently a sin for a Baltimore City runner, but I finally made it, so leave me alone!

Tuesday: Rain all day had me second guess taking out the bike.
                Running: 8ish miles total, easy running around Gilman, not yet ready for TNT workouts

Wednesday: An adventure of sorts.  There is a tri club down in Columbia, MD that holds weekly run-bike-run workouts.  The AFC guys decided to nix the Wednesday night ride to go for the brick.  The plan was to meet at the 195 Park and Ride and ride down to Columbia, do the workout, and ride back.  Here was my day...

AM: Quick, short 2 mile ride to Fed Hill for an easy 4 miles with the BoMF crew, then a few more miles to work, for 8 total on the bike.

PM: Ride from work (nearly Dunkdalk) to the Park-and-ride, mostly easy pace, ~12-13 miles.  After a 20 minute nap (I was early), I joined up with 3 other guys and we made our way down to Columbia, another 12ish miles in a pace line, at easy pace.

The workout: 2.1 mile run, 10.5 mile bike, 2.1 mile run.  I took the runs faster than I have been running, but by no means all out.  I worked the bike to see what I could do on the 5 lap course.  It went well, until I busted my ass trying to dismount before transition.  Bike and rider were mostly fine, so I got up and finished the second run, feeling really good.  I think all the bike miles have actually made it easier to run after getting off the bike, just because I'm more used to cycling now.

Afterwards, with daylight running low, myself and the one remaining AFC guy from the original group made our way back to Catonsville.  After we parted ways, I had to ride in the dark on Frederick Road back into the city.  Thankfully, it was mostly downhill and well paved, until I hit the mine field that is Baltimore City.  When it was all said and done, I got in a total of 64 miles on the bike, and 8.4 miles on foot.

Thursday: Rest, rest, rest!!

Friday: Commute/ride to packet pickup for the 10 miler, and an easy 4 miles with BoMF.  16 miles total on the bike.

Saturday: 10 Miler!  57:00.  With my run there (I got a ride back because I was tired) and some more running to warmup, it was about 12.5 miles total.

Sunday: Rest, rest, rest.  My legs were shredded from that race.  It has taken until Monday afternoon for me to start feeling good again.  Clearly, I left it all out there, and my running legs may be just a bit behind my heart thanks to cycling.  But, my right leg is feeling good, no pain.  So all systems are go to keep the running up!

Totals:
Run: 40.5 miles
Bike: 93 miles

Next up...still no running workout, but next week, I promise!!  I'll try and repeat my performance Wednesday night and stick with that A group again.  Running will stay in the mid-30s, cycling will not quite go back to 180, to "make room" for some running.

No comments:

Post a Comment