Labels

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mon July 4th - Fri Jul 8th

Monday Morning Run: 5 miles, easy

Monday Late Morning: 26 miles on the bike, 19.9 mph on the Du the 2 duathlon course coming up in August.  Some decent hills, but no big killers.  Felt decent.

Tuesday Morning Run: 6x800 meter with 1 lap recovery, 7.25 miles total.  Times: 2:41, 2:33, 2:33, 2:37, 2:37, 2:39.  First one was a bit slow but the rest were good.  A bit warm for 5AM, but manageable.

Tuesday Afternoon Run: 7 miles, easy/moderate

Wednesday Morning: 5 mile run, moderate

Thursday: 30.5 mile bike ride, 18.5 mph with some strong winds and a lot of rain after mile 21.  Between bursts of rain I pushed the pace hard to try and get back to my car.  I hit a good 3-4 mph faster on each section than I usually would, including 27mph on a couple of flat straight aways for a couple of minutes at a time.

I was supposed to do a tempo run that day, but I had strange pains in my left leg and rather than chance it, took it easy just to play it safe.

Friday Morning Run: 5 miles moderate followed by 4 easy.

Friday Afternoon Brick: 5 mile run, 16.5 mile bike ride @ 20.1mph, 5 mile run.  I kept the transitions quick, not race quick, but I didn't slack off either.  I feel stronger on the bike after a run than starting off cold which probably bodes well for upcoming multi-sport events.  I was really able to push it on the bike.  Those pains in my leg are gone (I think).

For this weekend...I'm waiting on a 14 mile run until 6pm when it's at least a little cooler out.  Then Sunday is my next duathlon!  Everything is ready to go.  My bike is tuned up (and it sure needed it), my running shoes have a quick lace system on them, and I've got my strategy all worked out.  After my run today, I'll clean up the bike a bit, load it up tonight, and hit the race tomorrow hard!

1.6 mile run, 12 mile bike, 1.6 mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment